I and 13 of my close relatives were at Kailis in Leederville, having a splendiferous feed of fish products after my nephew Justin's wedding. We were in our good clothes. The wine was flowing freely. In fact, all was tickety-boo until my sister Catherine told me that Kevin Rudd's birthday was 21 September.
I mocked her roundly. My brother Tony got his phone and googled the matter, and there it was.
Kevin Rudd's birthday is 21 September.
So is mine.
For those of you who care about these things even more than I do, it's also the birthday of:
- Savonarola, famous Florentine ascetic and fanatic
- H G Wells, famous fantasist and philanderer
- Leonard Cohen, famous poetic depressive
- the late Larry Hagman, famous TV astronaut and oil mogul
- Liam Gallagher, famous public drunk and brawler
It just goes to show.