Saturday, 13 July 2013

A No Pot-Pourri Riot

I should have known there was something wrong when I saw the shop sign from halfway up the  road that runs through Toodyay, a very pretty little country town outside Perth.

I could have sworn it said, 'Toodyay Popery and Craft'.

I said this to my sister. She started laughing. What the shop sign actually said was 'Toodyay Drapery and Craft'.

Thankfully this was after we'd had the most superb meat pie I've ever eaten in my life from the Toodyay bakery on the same road, plus a vanilla slice that would make angels weep with envy.

We stopped at Noble Falls on the way home, and I paddled. Then we went to the pub across the road. It was a beautiful sunny winter's day, and the waterfall had water in it.

However, by the time I got home, the 'hayfever' I'd left home with that morning had metamorphosed into a hideous viral thing involving prodigious sneezing, streaming nose, muscle aches, and fatigue.

To make matters worse, for days now I have been unable to access one of my favourite blogs, Eccles and Bosco is Saved. Bruvver Eccles, one of the English-speaking world's most incisive and uncannily accurate Catholic bloggers and journalists, was hacked a while back, and I don't think he's fully recovered, because blogspot.com.au stops responding when I go to his page.

I will be back when I am feeling more up to things. Meanwhile, I did have a tiny rant on QED the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.