Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Yikes!

There I was, just on my way out to yet another birthday dinner in a swanky restaurant (this is my annual excursion into How The Other Half Lives) when I was phoned by Keith Windschuttle and told that my forthcoming Quadrant piece will be - with any luck and some pruning - appearing in the Australian Financial Review this weekend.

For those of you who are interested, it's called 'Taken for Granted: funding arts and humanities research in Australia'. AFR's Shelley Gare assures me it's 'an original argument', but given that it recommends dismantling the ARC in a context of massive tax and university reform, that could be like a politician making a 'courageous' decision.

So with a faint and growing sense of being in front of a firing squad, I am off to Coco's for oysters and good times. Hope youse guys enjoy whatever it is you're having ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.