Friday, 28 September 2012

Yikes! Part II

I knew it was too good to be true! This evening (EST) the Australian Financial Review spiked my weekend edition story on grantsmanship in the arts and humanities.

The legal people didn't like it, apparently, and felt that while writing something like that in Quadrant was OK, putting it in the AFR wasn't.

I would like to say something trenchant here, but it's Friday afternoon (Perth time) and it's a long weekend, and the sun is shining at last, and the Grand Final is tomorrow, so I'm just going to have a nice G & T instead.

PS. The editing process did enable me to pick up one error: Professor Rebekah Brown's sociology grant was actually $195,000 and not $238,698. This has been corrected in the Quadrant Online version of the article, but not in the print edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.